Saturday, October 31, 2009

“A good home must be made, not bought”

 

I am no where near a designer. I would NEVER claim to be. I took a interior decorating class one time, and didn’t enjoy it. What I do enjoy is making my house warm and cozy. Putting touches that only I can do.  So I thought, I would show you some of my favorite things about my house. Little things that make me smile and make me realize, this is my home.

I adore my bathroom. I think that bathrooms are suppose to be a sanctuary?? But I went with fun instead.  We got this shower curtain at Target. My Momma bought me the hooks to go with it. I love it. It always puts a smile on my face. I accented with polka dots and blue, orange and green. I would show you the rest of the my bathroom…but remember, I worked 32 hours this week and 40 last week?? :)

DSC_1006 

My amazing living room. For the record, our house is sinking on one side. It’s not our house, so as long as we are safe, I will deal, but in the mean time, all my pictures look constantly crooked! My Daddy ( a carpenter) comes over and straightens them all for me and then does it again before he leaves. I’m glad I’m not OCD about that kind of stuff, otherwise i would go crazy. My Momma bought that mirror at Michaels. I love it!

DSC_0973 DSC_0974

This is above our couch. That saying i got a craft mall. The picture on the left is our wedding. I should find that and post it! We look cute and young, and it was only 2 years ago. The one on the right is one of our all time favorite pictures. I really love all the pieces that make this wall.

DSC_0980

I got this frame on clearance for 60% off. Same with the elephants. Some how, everything just fit together and it was meant to be. Even the crab, cause we like to peench.

DSC_0981

My heart rock collection.

DSC_0995  

There is only one picture of my bedroom. There is nothing fancy in there. We plan on doing an asian theme. But probably not til we move into a house. For now, this where I get ready. I got the mirror at Goodwill and gave my old mirror to Olivia. Those are pictures of my Daddy. They mean the world to me.

DSC_1010

I love my kitchen. I spend a lot of time in there. I should of just took a picture of the whole thing, but this was more fun. These watermelons my Momma made. She always had them in her kitchen and I always loved them. She brought them to me when I moved into my own house. I love them so much. They are just a touch of Momma that I need. 

DSC_0998

DSC_0999

This wall is the backside of the kitchen. I found most of these things at St. Vincent's . Except the star and the bunny on the left, those are Momma touches too. (Thanks Mom!)

DSC_1003 

Um.. I have crap everywhere.

DSC_1024 DSC_1005

My apron collection.

DSC_1025

This is my craft and scrapbooking space. I hung those shelves all by myself! I wouldn’t trust them in an earthquake.. but whatever! I finally have it organizes enough that I know where everything is. It’s a good feeling. On the left wall there is a bulletin board. It makes me feel like a teenager because I have all different kinds of things on there. Even my own letter from high school. This room is also the laundry room which has shelves full of party/cake decorating/big things.

DSC_1011

DSC_1022

There is my little tour of my house. I love every single room.

…except Olivia’s. It never stays clean. And she pulls EVERYTHING out of everywhere. Lord, help me!

2 comments:

Just Jen said...

I love it, Ash!!

Molly said...

So nice! I love how personal everything is. I need more pictures!