Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tribute Tuesday

Tuesday tribute is a day when you talk about someone else other than you. Technically my Daddy is the other half of me, but we'll just let it slide ;) Today, is Daddy's day. Maybe I should of saved this for fathers day, but nope! He deserves to be told every day how amazing and wonderful of a man he is. My Daddy, also known as Bingo, and Bing. He is known for words like disgruntles and cretin. (yup, i had to spell check those) Speaking of spellcheck, this man will call me in the middle of the day to ask me how to spell orange ;) I love that! I love that he picks up the phone and calls me. It means he is thinking about me..



When I lived at home, we would go to movies on Sunday afternoons. Just me and him. Those were the BEST days. We would go see whatever movie was playing and if there were no new ones, we would go see Lord of the Rings again! Which is explains why I saw the Two Towers 5 times at the theatre!! :) We got popcorn and peanut M&M's to put in the popcorn and soda. It was always the best day! We talked all the way there and all the way back. I could tell him anything.

To go back even farther, Daddy and I use to watch 8 o'clock TV together. Usually it was Buffy, Friends or X-Files. All included popcorn and Reese's peanut butter cups that he hide on the side of the bed for me and him. We love Buffy! :) That was our day. I look forward to that day all week. Not only to see the dreamy Angel, but to hang out with my daddy for an hour.

He is the very best. He is strong and hardworking. He makes me laugh and knows how to push my buttons!
Me: "Mom, he's touching me!"
Daddy: "Mom!!!"
Me: "Mooommmm"
Mom: "Alright you two.."
(We use to just do it to bug her.."
He calls me Smash. He is the only one. He is smart and loves to read. I give him all the credit for me being so smart and loving books. He is the best. Really he is. I couldn't have been more lucky to have my Daddy just the way he is.

I'm so thankful for Olivia to have a grandpa just the way he is! I cant wait for her to learn new and exciting facts from him.
Here are some randoms:
  • He collects Elephants. They resemble him, since he is so huge..
  • Round 2 Its
  • "Smash get me a Pepsi"
  • Whistles with his hands!! (I still cant do this)
  • Has the best gut busting laugh
  • Will always be my number 1 man.
  • Our song is "Time after Time" by Cindi Lauper

"Meddle Not In The Affair Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup"

Because of him, I cant listen to such songs as "You Can Let Go" and the end of "Cowgirls Don't Cry" doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in. My eyes get wet and I start crying.

Here to you Daddy. I love you! Forever and ever

♥ Smash :)

No comments: