Tuesday, August 25, 2009

By the sea, just you and me.

When Mike and I first became a couple, we would lay in bed, tangled up together and we would just talk. We would talk all day like that, if we could. We would get up, make each other our specialties for dinner {spaghetti for me, lemon chicken for him} and then we would go back to bed together and listen to music.  Those were the best days.

Life happened so fast, laying in bed all day was no longer an option. It was a privilege. Sometimes, when Olivia is napping, you’ll catch Mike and I laying in bed. Wrapped up in each other, talking about our morning.

We got a chance to really reconnect this weekend. Aunt Susan excitingly took Olivia and we escaped. Where else would we go, but the ocean.

It takes us 6 hours to get there plus a couple more when Google maps sends you east instead of west…

 

 DSCF0364

The first time we went down the beach, it was super windy and COLD! I had to put my hood on because I was getting an ear ache. I really like what the wind does with my hair here. I think that slicked back look is in, right?

DSCF0366

We ate yummy food at the Lumberyard. It was delicious!!

DSCF0367

My baby knows how to take care of me! Look at that blazing fire! The next night our neighbors asked him to help them with his. It was funny! Mike really isn’t a people person, but he showed him his tricks and got his fire going again :)

DSCF0368 

Of course! We went the arcade. It wasn’t nearly as cool as the one in Long Beach, but we definitely killed some Dino and spent the rest of our money on skeeball! 10 bucks gets you quite a few games! I totally whopped Mike too :)

DSCF0370DSCF0369  DSCF0372

DSCF0375

“I <3 ME SOME ASH”

DSCF0379

I got a cupcake from Frills Cupcake {duh} and Mike got ice cream!

DSCF0388 DSCF0389

On friday, we went and say Inglorious Bastards {hello, sexy brad pitt} and came out of the movie and it was sunny and warm! We sped home, and got into shorts and walked down to haystack for low-tide.

DSCF0397 DSCF0405 DSCF0408 DSCF0415 DSCF0417 DSCF0419  DSCF0431 DSCF0434  DSCF0437 DSCF0439 DSCF0440 DSCF0442

Isn’t Buddha cute?!

DSCF0443

We took Highway 12 home, and on the way there are 3 lookout points to Mt. Rainer. Isn’t it breathtaking? Since the movies Dante’s Peak and Volcano, I have had nightmares about Mt. Rainer erupting. So this is about as close to the mountain as I will ever be.

PS. In case you were wondering, if she ever does erupt, they predict that the mudslide will crash down Nisqually Valley {E} or the Dalles {W} So i’m safe, except for some ash. Sorry Megs! :)

DSCF0454 DSCF0457 DSCF0458

We put 600 miles on my car, round trip. I was so sick of the car at Longview. {Dont worry my ABS light is always on, it’s like a nightlight ;) }

DSCF0459

It was really a wonderful trip! I cant wait to go again next year, we plan on bringing Olivia, I think she will have a blast playing in the sand!

5 comments:

Shea Posey said...

It looks like you had so much fun!! I've always wanted to go to Washington (that's where you're at right?).

Anonymous said...

Looks woooooderful! I envy that you just took off!
The pictures of you in the pink shirt are super fab!
You guys look great together!

Elizabeth Marie said...

What amazing pictures! You guys are the cutest couple ever!!!

P.S I love me some Ash too! :)

Suzanne said...

Aslee,
First, thank you for visiting my blog. I love yours...and am your newest follower AND subscriber:-)
You make an adorable couple and Olivia is...well, beyond adorable! I would love to make this trip someday. Coming from the beach in south Florida, I am in awe of all those starfish and the beautiful mountains!
Suzanne

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Looks like such a blast. The hubs and I really need to plan a parents only getaway!