Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

DSC_1107

“But then, shall I never get any older than I am now? That'll be a comfort, one way -- never to be an old woman -- but then -- always to have lessons to learn!” -Alice

DSC_1129

“No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.” – Mad Hatter

DSC_1127

“Who's been painting my roses red? WHO'S BEEN PAINTING MY ROSES RED? Who dares to taint, With vulgar paint, The royal flower bed?  For painting my roses red  Someone will lose his head.” –Queen of Hearts

DSC_1111

DSC_1117 

Halloween was a blast! I really loved that Mike and I dressed up with Olivia! We got a lot of  “Um…” looks and even more “Oh my gosh, I love it!!” I’m really glad that we decided to dress up with Olivia. It was FREEZING cold and windy! We made it a couple blocks and then decided that Olivia had enough candy. I’m glad we stopped when we did. We came home had hot cider and warm milk and cuddled. Olivia did amazing. She was on her BEST behavior, I swear. She didn’t whine or pout and she was laughing the whole time! Mike and I decided that we would dress up with Olivia as long as she wanted us too. We have all kinds of ideas brewing for next year.

I made Mike and Olivia’s costume pieces, like the vest, apron, hat and bow tie. Everything else was second hand. I found mine at Goodwill (thank god for living in a college town)

I’m so lucky to have such a wonderful husband that is willing to dress up too. None of the other men were dressed up. He really is the best, and such a good sport :)

16161_170354322870_36720467870_2772224_6002603_n

this picture is from Ellensburg website :) We are so cute!

7 comments:

Just Jen said...

Priceless, Ash! Ya'll all look so cute!!

I wish The Man would have dressed up this year, but since he didn't I didn't either.

Maybe next year!

Molly said...

So cute! I love the whole family theme! You have inspired me...now I want a theme next year!

brooke said...

awww!!! i love it!! this is adorable!

Melissa said...

You guys are too cute!

Mrs. M said...

You all look great!

Anonymous said...

These photos are adorable. I'm just stopping by for the first time from your comment on mylifeinpurple.

MommyBrain said...

Fantastic costumes! Love the idea of "costuming" as a family ... I almost had my husband talked into playing Man in the Yellow Hat and had NHV be a monkey :)